Prime values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to protecting the information it holds about all individuals who provide personal information to Prime. This policy describes in general terms how Prime collects, uses, handles and discloses personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles. This policy may be updated from time-to-time
Information We Collect and Hold
The types of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on your interaction with Prime and may include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, post code and/or telephone number;
- details pertaining to any inquiry or complaint made by you to us;
- video footage of you if you enter our premises for work or otherwise if optical surveillance devices are used at that site (as indicated by signage);
- any other personal information you provide to us, including information provided to us via email, social media pages or over the phone, when registering for or posting on the Website(s), when entering competitions, when registering to receive our newsletters and emails, in online discussion forums, on bulletin boards or communicated in chat areas.
We will generally not collect sensitive information about you, unless you have submitted that sensitive information to the Website(s).
We utilise 'cookies' which enable us to monitor traffic patterns on the Website(s) and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit it. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
We will generally collect personal information directly from you, but may otherwise collect it from third parties (for example, if you apply for a job with us and we speak with a referee listed on your CV) or via CCTV footage recorded as a matter of course at certain of our premises (indicated by signage at entrances).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- contacting you and updating any records we hold about you;
- managing any complaint or inquiry in which you are involved;
- sending you news and information about promotions and activities which we believe may be of interest to you;
- monitoring, operating, and maintaining the Website(s) and other services offered by us on the Website(s); and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations and protecting our rights and property.
You may remove yourself from promotional emails and materials by following the opt-out instructions within the message. Alternatively, you may send your request to unsubscribe@Prime7.com.au or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to others in connection with performing our functions, such as third parties that provide services to us, including Yahoo7 as a provider to Prime of website services, IT services, marketing service providers, market research agents, business partners, affiliates and related companies of Prime. These third parties may be located overseas, including in the United States and the United Kingdom. We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities or to insurers in the course of protecting our rights and property.
How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We have systems and procedures in place to safeguard information, including the use of technical measures such as password security on Prime’s network, virus protection software, and maintaining physical security in order to prevent unauthorised access to records, documents and materials at Prime workplaces.
Access and Correction of Information About You
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out below.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with as soon as reasonably practicable.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
For General enquiries regarding; accounts, programming, news stories, viewer complaints, please contact us at:
PRIME Media Group Limited
PO Box 878
DICKSON ACT 2602
PH: +612 6242 3700.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or a query on how your personal information is handled by Prime, please contact us on the following details: email@example.com. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last revised December 2014